- Empathetic and user-conscious product manager, interface designer and web developer with the ability to solve complex design and process problems with nearly any web technology.
- Combines sixteen years of design, programming, problem-solving and team leadership experience into an innovative, passionate and versatile package.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex problems down to core elements and solve them methodically and thoroughly.
- Leads as a mentor and hands-on teammate to maintain a motivated team and increase personal and business productivity.
- Adept at communicating between technical, creative and business groups to obliterate roadblocks and move forward.
Design & Usability: CSS-Based Front-End Web Development, Cross-Browser Compliance, Hand-Coding, Lo-Fi, Hi-Fi Prototypes, Wireframes, Sketching, Flowcharts, W3C Standards, Section 508 Accessibility, Vector Illustration, Usability Studies and Surveys, Heuristic and Expert Usability Reviews, Card Sorting, Information Architecture, Development: E-Commerce, Enterprise Portals, Widgets, CMS, Web Analytics for User Research, Email Campaigns, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Management: Agile and Waterfall Projects, Offshore and Telecommuting Teams, Enterprise Architecture
Adobe Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, Some Flash, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Visual Studio, Ajax, Prototype, Scriptaculous, JQuery, JSON, Eclipse, TextMate, BEA Aqualogic, Joomla, Mambo, Wordpress, Omniture and Google Web Analytics, Amazon Cloud Computing, Facebook Connect
2009-2010 : Cisco, Inc, Morrisville NC
Project Manager, Designer and Developer
(View Screenshot and Architecture)
- Doubled development team productivity and conducted six consecutive bug-free releases by delegating tasks more efficiently between onshore and offshore members.
- Reduced page render and login time from five minutes to five seconds by redesigning the KTN home page and removing unnecessary components.
- Reduced collateral update time from thirty days to two by seamlessly integrating Documentum HTML snippets in to JSP pages, using Ajax and a custom Java proxy.
2009 : PunchDrunkGamer, Denver CO
Interaction Designer and Developer (Self-Employed)
(View Screenshot and Proposal)
- Redesigned Joomla CMS web site to increase interactivity, usability and improve the prominence of chat, video and discussion features. Interviewed business owners, delivered three concept wireframes, and customized several Joomla plug-ins to achieve the design in less than five weeks.
2007-2009 : PrepChamps, Inc., Durham NC
- Designed and led the development of PrepChamps 2.0 after intensive usability studies with coaches, athletes and parents, comparative studies of competitive social networks, and analytic research of the beta PHP site.
- Maintained the PrepChamps Vision - a roadmap of the interface a year into the future, into which all features were integrated and designed before development began.
Designed and delivered all graphic and front-end "view" assets for the core Ruby on Rails web application on an XP Agile weekly sprint schedule, usually two weeks ahead of the development team.
- Designed and built a custom RSS 2.0 media feed, used to populate Facebook, MySpace and KickApps widgets around the world.
- Designed and built a custom WordPress theme to integrate into the core PrepChamps experience.
- Customized and built custom Prototype libraries for the JW Flash Media player, integrating media feeds and role-based social networking features into the PrepChamps web site.
- Designed built a custom JSON Sport Statistic and Position editor for Athlete profiles.
2003-2007 : GlaxoSmithKline, Durham NC
- Directed eight usability and web analytics practitioners in delivering user centered design practices to the global GSK IT organization.
- Applied UCD methods (studies, surveys, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, card sorts, process modeling, taxonomy mapping) to deliver high-quality, proven designs for the GSK enterprise portal, its search engine, online phone book, and dozens of additional tools.
- Developed and evangelized global web usability and design standards, against which all intranet development was measured
Provided all graphic assets, front-end development and design consulting for enterprise portal and global self-service applications, in a variety of languages and platforms, including XHTML, JS, CSS, Java and C# .NET.
- Owned and managed the global intranet portal style sheet for 8000 portlets and 500 community pages, ensuring browser neutrality, W3C standards compliance and accessibility following Section 508 standards.
- Redesigned a core DHTML menu delivery system for the myGSK portal, providing context and role-based access to 2,500 applications around the world, centered around eight common employee activities.
2002-2003 : Binary Press, Inc. - President, CEO, Designer and Developer
2000-2002 : SpeedGreetings, Inc. - CTO, Designer and Developer
1996-2000 : Accenture, Inc. - Network Engineering Manager, Client/Server Designer and Developer
Computer Science Curriculum, North Carolina State University
Information Technology Curriculum, Capella University